The results of our hearing test (audiogram) will tell you:
- How much you can hear in each ear.
- How well you hear the loudness of different sounds.
- How well you will hear the pitch of different sounds.
- How well you will hear speech.
- How your life can be improved by living with better hearing.
As part of a hearing exam, your specialist will test your "tympanometry and acoustic reflexes". For these tests, a soft plug will be placed in each ear which will change pressure and generate noises. This will help gauge how your eardrum is moving and will measure the reflexive responses of the middle ear muscles.